Houses with remodeled and modern bathrooms and kitchens help to enhance its appeal. They also increase the market value of your home. If you sell it in the future, this can have serious financial ramifications for you. Beautiful bathrooms can make a house look more modern and elegant. If you have a small bathroom in your home, you can redesign it to make it more fashionable.
Furthermore, redesigning small bathrooms can make them appear larger, brighter, and more inviting. But, before you start remodeling your small bathroom, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
Draw Up A Nice Plan First
Before you begin remodeling the bathroom in your home, you need a well-thought-out plan. You should prepare your plan based on a variety of elements.
Consider the size of your bathroom and how you might make it appear larger. After all, a little powder room requires a different design than a complete bathroom. The time required to remodel them would also differ.
You must also consider the furnishings, fixtures, and other accessories that will go in your bathroom. And, when planning, keep in mind who will be using the room. If you are the only one who uses it, you should redesign it to suit your interests and preferences.
If the bathroom is intended for guests, it must be remodeled accordingly. And remember, you should be aware of your budget as well as the amount of time required to complete the renovation procedure.
Decide If You Would Hire a Professional Or Go The DIY Way
Keeping in mind your schedule, budget, and skillset, decide if you would hire a professional to remodel your bathroom or do it yourself. For a small bathroom, you can get it remodeled by professionals. If you lack the necessary abilities, it is far better to spend your money on professionals.
- They know more about the structural integrity and whether you need any building permits
- You save time – and in turn, money
- Professionals can help you use more cost-efficient products
- You get a hassle-free experience
However, if you are confident about your DIY skills, go ahead and remodel your small bathroom on your own – it could help you save a lot of money (provided you do everything right!). Keep in mind though that it may take some time for you to complete the process, depending on how skilled you are. Plus, you will also need to buy the fittings and furnishings by yourself.
Design Your Small Bathroom To Make It Look Spacious
After all the planning and decision-making, you can get ready to give your small bathroom area a revamped look.
To make it look more spacious and attractive, you can make use of the following tips:
- In a small bathroom, you can use a corner sink. Look to make the space roomier since it will take up only a corner of your bathroom. Trough sinks that can be installed on your bathroom walls can help you save space too.
- Avoid placing a vanity having sharp corners in a small bathroom. Since you have limited space, a vanity with sharp corners can leave you vulnerable to accidental injuries. Consider putting one that has rounded corners instead.
- Consider installing a mirror behind the vanity in your small bathroom area. Having more than one mirror or a large mirror in your bathroom can be a good idea.
- Using large shapes and patterns to design your bathroom can make it look more spacious than it is. So, while remodeling your bathroom, try incorporating big squares and stripes to make the space appear bigger.
- Place your towel bar on the bathroom door. Don’t have it somewhere else on the wall – it can ruin the aesthetics, especially for smaller bathrooms.
- Go for a vanity that comes with open shelves. This will help you in saving space.
- Install faucets and taps on the bathroom walls to free up space in your bathroom.
To make your small bathroom look bigger, you need to put in a little effort. Based on your requirements and your monetary constraints, you might prefer to get this done by professionals to ensure it’s efficient.
Essentially, you don’t want your bathroom filled with clutter, unnecessary items, and you want to make sure there is plenty of air and light. Anything else is an added bonus. If you need help, why not get in touch with our team to discuss your ideas and we can help bring them to fruition.