Remodeling a bathroom can be stressful because you have to take so many decisions based on the preferences of your entire family. You also have to ensure you do not cross the budget. On top of all this, you have to adjust to the unavailability of one of your bathrooms for a while.
However, the world of home renovation is now witnessing a new trend of one-day remodeling for those who do not want to give up their bathrooms even for a day. You might wonder if it is actually possible to remodel a bathroom in just one day, and the answer is yes!
What Is One-Day Bathroom Remodeling?
As the term suggests, a one-day bathroom remodel will ensure that the space looks brand new after a day’s work. You can hire an interior decorator or home renovator to help you. Or even better, you can remodel your bathroom as a DIY challenge in one day.
The key to such remodeling is to keep the older appliances and installations but elevate their appearance in some way or the other. In some cases, it can be as simple as applying a layer of durable acrylic on the bathtub and shower, so they look better after the remodeling process.
One-day remodeling keeps you from overthinking every small decision and you can be in complete control of all the changes.
Remodeling Ideas for Larger Bathrooms
You might feel creatively stifled when asked to make so many remodeling decisions in a small period of time. Sometimes it helps to brainstorm, come up with a few ideas, and then evaluate them logically. If you have a large bathroom, you might want to consider the following suggestions:
- Getting a new bathtub or a shower is a great way of sprucing up your bathroom. If you have the budget and it has been a while since you bought a new one, remodeling will give you the perfect opportunity.
- Keeping your bathtub and shower separate will allow you to experiment with new installations.
- You can install a new toilet with a sleek, modern design and even a few fancy features. For example, toilets with built-in bidets that can be controlled with a button are popular at the moment.
- If you live in a colder area, you might want to consider installing a heating device in the bathroom. You can opt for a heater or even a fireplace if you have sufficient space.
Remodeling Ideas for Smaller Bathrooms
If you are planning to remodel a small bathroom, you will have plenty of ways to completely change up the look of the area. You can experiment with any design you like without spending a lot. Upgrading the sink, toilet, or shower will be just as effective as redecorating the bathroom when it comes to successful remodeling.
- One of the easiest ways to complete change the look of a small bathroom during a one-day remodel is to paint the walls in a different color. Light colors tend to open up the space and make it look bigger and cheerful. Dark colors, on the other hand, add sophistication.
- If you want to give the illusion of a larger space naturally, consider adding a window that will let in natural light. You can use frosted glass to guarantee privacy.
- Three-dimensional tiles can be an excellent design element to add depth to your bathroom. You can install them as a backsplash or on the wall of the shower.
- If you live in a more modern space, you can consider installing a luxury shower in your small bathroom. You can take it up a notch by installing waterproof speakers and rainfall showerheads for ultimate relaxation.
- You can also change up your light fixtures to fit a different aesthetic, and you will be surprised by how noticeably different the bathroom looks.
- If you feel your small bathroom is cramped and messy, you can get creative with installing storage and organizational options like drawers and counters.
One-day bathroom remodeling is an intimidating concept. You might still be unsure whether you should spend your budget on a one-day process instead of lengthier, more elaborate remodeling. The truth is one-day remodeling does not necessarily mean you have to settle for something that does not meet your expectations.
You can still orchestrate as many changes as you want; the process will simply be more strategic and time-efficient. If you have been planning to change up for your bathroom for a while but kept putting it off due to the inconvenience, one-day remodeling is for you!